Advertisement

[4E4] Post yer Screenshots

Started by June 28, 2005 12:45 PM
717 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 10 months ago
okay! I said I'd post something....sometime. That was the most harrowing few weeks I've been through. I literally nearly threw in the towel several times, but then I just thought of nes quitting and I kept going ^_^.

Anyway here's my entry - The Curse of Za Defami Island (yes it's different on the download page, we wern't certain of the name when we registered -_-)

Ewww...bad breath....

It's the Bridge of Khazad Dum!

"Oh sh*t."

Me == teh losar :(

Anyway, download and play it! (mirror: http://www.thomascowell.net/install-tcozi.exe)

Problems people have reported:

Can't see videos or anything: try installing newer drivers, or run the game in "safe mode" from the start menu program group.

Sound is "blah" : yes, my sound system code sucks :(.

Mouse is funky/too fast: adjust the mouse sensitivity using the MouseSensitivity cvar (e.g. type "MouseSensitivity 0.75" into the console...press tilde to bring it up)

"I'm weird and want to play with inverted mouse": fine. go into the console and type "InvertMouse 1" (0 to turn it off).

Have fun ppls.

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

Here's a screenshot I took a couple hours before I submitted it.

Sadly, my game didn't get done. I think it shows promise, though, but not enough to win the contest or anything. The game involves you and a couple other pirates (who are pretty stupid since I didn't finish the AI) and being attacked by evil floating bomber robots. You shoot your rocket launcher at them and try to destroy them.
I like the DARK layout!
Advertisement
Cow_in_the_well - it looks pretty good! I will have to try it out when I get home. Out of the tech demo screenshots that you posted earlier, how much of that code got reused?
Really nice looking shots everyone. And games too! Here's a few from Pirate Tycoon again. If I actually had had the time to test the game and fix bugs it would be awesome. ;) So, I bury all chances of winning.

Main-menu:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Your village:

Battling your enemy:

-Eigen
Ok, my game looks sad in comparison to ya'll's but i'll show some screenshots anyway :p

we decided to go for all 4 elements in our game to make it the ultimate bestest...

here are teh screenz

Menu:
pakmenu2eu.th.png

A Ninja level:
ninja1cw.th.png

A Robot level:
robot1fk.th.png

A Pirate level:
thumbnail.png

A Zombie level:
thumbnail.png

"So, I bury all chances of winning. "
I bury all chances of placing in the top 40 ;)

[edit] arg, they aren't showing up :-/

--Peter
Quote: Original post by Peter_
Ok, my game looks sad in comparison to ya'll's but i'll show some screenshots anyway :p

we decided to go for all 4 elements in our game to make it the ultimate bestest...

here are teh screenz

Menu:

A Ninja level:

A Robot level:

A Pirate level:
Link

A Zombie level:
Link

"So, I bury all chances of winning. "
I bury all chances of placing in the top 40 ;)

[edit] arg, they aren't showing up :-/

--Peter
Advertisement
Apparatus Mortem SS:
Everything in the game we built from the ground up. Our game is a Real-Time Action Strategy where you control a hero and a squad of summoned minions to destroy the enemy base. You can be either the R.O.B.O.T or Z.O.M.B.I.E. faction, each with unique abilities and units.

Tool tips

Formations

Sieging the enemy base

Capturing resource node

BF Meteor!

Some shots of our sky and terrain rendered by our engine:
Terrain 1
Terrain 2
Terrain 3
Terrain 4
Is that light scattering in the terrain and sky? It looks cool! :).
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
Quote: Original post by sirob
Is that light scattering in the terrain and sky? It looks cool! :).

Yep, sure is ;) The linked screen shots are a little over-exagerated, but they look kinda cool :)

I was another of the programmers who worked on it btw.
Everybody bow down to Apparatus Mortem.

Or else.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement