Advertisement

[4E4] Post yer Screenshots

Started by June 28, 2005 12:45 PM
717 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 10 months ago
damn.

I though I had a chance until I saw those. Beautiful looking game. I havn't had time to play anybody else's entry, but I will make time to try that one out. To hell with shcool, work, and family! ;)

... beautiful ...

(weeping softly in a corner)

[edit]
can't wait to read the post mortum
[/edit]
excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by starting a post mortem ?

post mortem usually means after death

im confused...

Advertisement
A post mortem is pretty much a document where the developer writes about what went right and what went wrong when working on a project, like DoktorAce said, it's a good way to let the steam out[grin]
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Quote: Original post by DoktorAce
But first things first. I've started on a post mortem.

Excellent. We'll be more than happy to publish it on the site for you - the same goes for anyone else who wants to do a postmortem.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I might like to give a post mortum a try, but I would want to wait until the results of the contest were released. I feel like I would need to know what paid off and what didn't to be able to talk about how developement went.

For example:

"I'm really glad I spent 2 months perfecting X feature because the judges really liked that."

"But worrying about feature Y was completely a waste of time because no one noticed, and I should have spend more time working on feature Z which the judges said I was lacking in."

It would be very hard to write a complete "What went right/What went wrong" until we know what went right and what went wrong.

Since this is a screenshot thread, here are some shots of my Robot model and texture:

Robot: 622 triangles
Texture: 512x512

The robot was modeled and animated in Maya 4.5 complete, and the texture was painted in adobe photoshop with a base photograph from mayangs free textures and detail added with my graphics tablet.
A post-mortem would be nice. Would probably help us figure out where we need to go, as well.

I'm still curious if the judges will be making comments. I realize that there are 48 entries or so, but it would be nice.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
Here are some shots of my late entry, Susano:

Pretty spirits flying after you, woooaaooooooaooo...

Top view of circle attack...

Attacking...

Super wave attack!!!...

Title Screen, like the logo?...
Looks cool - what are the required specs? I'll give it a whirl if my 750MHz, GF2MX, 384Mb system has a chance...
By late, do you mean it was allowed as an entry?
By late I mean I finished it, polished it, uploaded it and it didnt come on! Turned out it was corrupted so I had to reupload...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement