Advertisement

[4E4] Post yer Screenshots

Started by June 28, 2005 12:45 PM
717 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 10 months ago
Sinx, that looks like Lumines with robot and ninja skins? Your first link isn't working, and your second link is trying to sell stuff.. Legit?
Quote: Original post by cyric74
Sinx, that looks like Lumines with robot and ninja skins? Your first link isn't working, and your second link is trying to sell stuff.. Legit?

Matibee

Anyhoo... the site says the game is called "Lumix" so it is probably based on Lumines. Looks good, but does having a ninja picture in the background qualify it as having the ninja element?

Advertisement
yes since my complete web page is not done i redirect my www.dakurv.com to my little online store... when my www.dakurv.com is set up it will be sort of a port folio for my graphic design / web page design / game graphic / music projects ... but the real page for the game is

www.matibee.com

dakurv logo is in the game in case you like the design and you would like to hire me to make graphics for your project. We worked 2 months straigth for this game at about 4 to 6 hours per day including weekend marathons... you gotta expect some self promotion rigth ? :) this is not a mere clone done in a week to qualify as an entry... wait until you hear it and see it in motion :) those are not still backgrounds its a live mini movie.

i will setup this real portfolio site before the weekend so it can host the file for the game and offer some other free stuff. I will also offer hosting services as i have unlimited subdomain names and 100gig montlhy bandwith.

as for the ninja thing... our game is themed to the max :) we got ninjas... ninja stars... japanese flag inspired moving background , japanese tradidional music instrument mixed with techno , moto of the ninja written in the japanese language , ninja like sound effects for the tile moves :) itz got it all :)

and yes the store is legit :) sorry if it looks like shameless store promotion... its simply that my www.dakurv.com online portfolio is not 100% done so i redirect to the only page i have thats 100% done.
I wish people would use original gameplay ideas, as opposed to ripping off every flavour of the month puzzle game.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
i guess we could have used 1992 technology and made a wolfenstein clone or whatever how its spelt.... or jumped in the bandwagon of making a R.T.S , Or R.P.G ... or hey a Side Scrolling shooter like those in the 80s !!! yeah that would have been cool.. and we could have used 64x64 sprites too !!! with .mod music like those that were around in the 80s too !!! i bet nobody would have said " rip off " hehe

but we decided to use our own very exciting 2d engine that use 3d acceleration cards to have a fully loaded fully animated game that runs at 300 frames per second on standart computer...

we could also have used some ramdom bad music from the web.... but we approached underground artists and asked them to use their best work to build up the soundtrack and we used the highest quality sound compression format possible ( org vorbis ) .

We also took the time to make this game 100% modifiable using simple .xml fonctions so people will be able to make any skin they like with custom music , sound fx , graphics and foreground / background animations

how come that wolfenstein clone got " ho thats so cool " and we get diced ?
when we are using fresh concepts and new graphic and sound technology... not to mention this is the first game both of us will have completed.

and the Luminesque gameplay is only for the 4E4 contest version... as we will be releasing commercially a complete game with 15 levels that use totally different gameplay , we want this entry to be appart from our commercial release.

sorry posterchild... ! we did a great job here no matter what you think .

[Edited by - sinx on October 25, 2005 4:07:51 PM]
Warscale shader system has been degraded so it works with PS1.1 or PS 2.0. Only the Water animated textures are missing.

We are back again just in time!!! :)

Guimo

Advertisement
Damn!

I hope you win though, so you can send me the GPU Gems series... you don't seem to need them anyway :)
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Quote: Original post by Oberon_Command
Here's my story screen (the text scrolls upward):

And my title screen:

hmm.. don't ninjas use a katana? that's not a katana on your pic, and ie sux.

Projects: Top Down City: http://mathpudding.com/

They also use those blades with no real handle, I think their called Bushido blades or something I dk.
Samurai weapon was the Katana. Ninjas used katanas only if required or if planning heavy combat, but its weapon of choice was the Ninjato which is a shorter version of the Katana and obviously not so cumbersome. There is also a third blade called the Tanto which is like a dagger. If you see any depiction of a samurai you will see a short blade near the Katana. That is the Tanto.

At least thats what I've been told by a friend which is fanatic of the japan history.

Luck!
Guimo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement