Advertisement

IMPORTING HAND DRAWINGS

Started by January 22, 2002 10:29 AM
7 comments, last by mrpetey 22 years, 7 months ago
I''m looking for a quick answer in how to import hand drawings and be able to edit them. Will photoshop or illustrator or both do this. I''m looking for an answer before i buy one of them.
a scanner?

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
Advertisement
thanks,

that was a truely ingenius answer.

i am aware that a scanner MUST be used, but which program would be best for editing and filling in the drawings.

Adobe has a product called Streamline which exists just for the purpose of converting (presumably hand-drawn scanned) raster images into vector graphics which can then be used in Illustrator/PS and other such packages which can operate on vector-based images. They have a free download trial version, check it out:

Adobe Streamline

If you want to manually edit the raster image at the pixel level, you can just use Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, or any other graphic program on the image saved from the scan. Of course you'll have to do some manual cleanup before the image is fit to be digitally-inked/filled.

Edited by - gmcbay on January 22, 2002 12:31:51 PM
thanks a lot
Do you mean a computer painting/editing program? If so then either Adobe Photoshop, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Corel Painter, Micrgrafx Photopaint, or MS Paint if your desperate...

Unless you mean something like Ulead iPhoto Plus?

I see you already got your answer.

Edited by - Garott on January 22, 2002 12:38:47 PM
*********-.o-**********
Advertisement
thanks for the quick help.. i appreciate it. i''ve got photoshop, illustrator, and streamline. now i only have to figure out how to get them into the game.

thanks again
petey
Warning, it is not a easy task.

-pencil drawing
-ink drawing
-scanner process (have some tricks)
-retouch the colors, i use some equalizer process to generate black and white colors. Now convert the imagen in 24 or 32bits colors.
-streamline (avoid it).
-use magic want to add all line. Then copy the imagen selected by magic wand and you have a transparent copy of this.
-Create a copy of layers about it.
-Create a new layers it is for colors and fill.

-----------------------------------------------

"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
There was a good tutorial posted in this forum a few months ago by "ahw". Here''s a link to it:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=34116

I think there were other good tips from this person also. Probably want to do a search.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement