🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

windows game programming for dummies

Started by
1 comment, last by wise_Guy 24 years, 5 months ago
Hello, in WGPFD, there is a bitmap loader that appears to work fine, but I can''t load two bitmaps, even if i unload the first pic before loading the second. Does anyone know if there is a memory leak in this function, and a way to fix it? Or does anyone have a reliable, (free?) bitmap loader? thanks in advance, wiseguy
Advertisement
All you want is a bitmap loader, and I have one. But I also have tons of other functions all in one header file - "ddraw_tools.h". It has bitmap rotation functions (slow though), DirectDraw initialization functions, pixel drawing (pretty fast) and a line drawing func. It is not very well commented, but I could add some good ones. But do you want the whole file or just the one function? There is nothing in my file that anybody else doesnt have (probably), so I''m not worried about giving away any trade secrets. If you want the whole file, I will email it too you, otherwise I will just post the bitmap loader function.
yeah, the bitmap loader itself would be fine but if its easier then just email the whole thing to:

birtley@onaustralia.com.au

thanks

p.s. sorry for posting twice, i didn''t see my first one and I forgot my p/word and had to log on again aarrggh i think i''m going a bit loopy.

btw if any administrators are reading this, then you might like to know that you can''t send messages without registering, even though it says you can...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement