Advertisement

AngelScript 2.37.0 is out now

Started by July 21, 2024 03:15 AM
3 comments, last by WitchLord 1 week, 6 days ago

After a little more than one year it is time for a new release.

This release is seeing increased support for native calling convention in new platforms, some long awaited:

• Apple iOS - arm64 (Apple M1/M2)
  • Linux - Risc-V 64bit
  • Android - x86 64bit

A big thanks to Sam Tupy, Vixea 0, and 1vanK for that.

The script language has been improved with the ability for compiler to auto generate copy constructors for script classes. It is now also possible to explicitly exclude default constructor, copy construuctor, and value assign operator if those are not desired for a class.

I've now introduced a new and improved JIT compiler interface, to enable better global optimizations by the JIT compiler since it now has the ability to collect all script functions and compile them all together. The old version of the JIT compiler interface is still enable to maintain compatibility with existing JIT compilers.

As usual there are additional smaller enhancements, optimizations and bug fixes. Check out the change list for all the details.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Good stuff, I've always seen computed gotos be disproportionately helpful in interpreters of all kinds. I had very briefly hacked it into the AS VM at some point but never used/benchmarked it.

Is it expected to be enabled by default? I don't see asUSE_COMPUTED_GOTOS defined by default anywhere and my IDE seems to agree (it only gets disabled if compiler support is not found). The changelog appears to imply it should be the default when possible. I have forced this define and it seems to compile and work fine.

Advertisement

Yes, it should have been enabled by default on gnuc and clang compilers. Though it looks like the #if #else macros are wrong. I'll take a closer look at it and have it fixed.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've changed it so the computed gotos are no enabled by default on gnuc and clang compilers.

This is done in revision 2948.

Advertisement