🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Updating old games

Started by
11 comments, last by paulcoz 24 years, 6 months ago
I got to thinking the other day about an game on the Commodore 64 called ''Archon''. Does anyone agree that this would be great to update to a new 3D Battle Chess (strategy / action) type game (3d accelerated of course). You could play on-line in a last-man-standing type competition. Perhaps somebody else can think of an old game which would be great to update?
Advertisement
I would like to see a hardware accelerated version the old Stunt Car Racer, and most important - with the same feeling.

(and the multiplayer option (null-modem at that time)).
Wou, Archon sounds cool

They actually made pc version, called Archon Ultra, but it was flop... terrible game

But ya, good Archon style game would be nice

My personal favorite would be ABSOLUTELY old ... hmm... bullfrog''s ? - game Stunts.... not Stunt Car Racer.
Stunts was that game where you could make your own tracks, drive freely around vector world (that was damn good looking during that time), and it had nice "real" physics

I loved that game, someone should create 3D-acc version of it !

Man, almost any of the classics could be redone, as long as they didn''t just slap 3D graphics on it like they did with Frogger! ChopLifter I always thought could be pretty cool.

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Ya, Stunts kicks ass! I still have that game, box and everything. Making your own tracks really added to the game play.
Job description : Duct Tape
3D, multiplayer Joust.

That would rule.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
a souped up version of Ninja Gaiden
Yeah ChopLifter would be real nice. How about Summer Games and Winter games. I used to love playing those games.
Archon, Choplifter and Joust all rocked. Never did like frogger all that much.
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Yeah, a *real* Archon update would be cool and I''ve thought about a 3D Joust, too.
__The one I''ve been waiting for years is a new M.U.L.E. It should definately be able to be played online as well as off, with and without "bots." I think adding more players might break the balance, though.
__Another would be a redone version of Death Zone, a game submitted to Analog [an Atari magazine.] Basically a first person view with you shooting balls that''ll kamikaze you. Mmm, guess you''d just have to play it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement