Advertisement

As a game dev, what are you most afraid of?

Started by June 10, 2018 05:20 AM
25 comments, last by lawnjelly 6 years ago

With the games your making, what do you fear most?

Is it not making any money, never finishing, releasing something broken?

Personally, I am most afraid of releasing something that no one cares about. I would rather make something that everyone hates with a passion, because at least there is passion. If a player feels absolutely nothing or doesn't even care to look, I feel like I failed.

What does everyone here think?

Patent trolls / IP issues.

At least if no one hears / plays a game, you haven't lost anything, aside from the development effort. If you are attacked by parasitic lawyers, you can lose the shirt off your back.

Advertisement

For me, I think I'd most hate to attract a toxic community, either as players or because they for some reason object to my game. I wouldn't want to enable that sort of behavior, and definitely don't want my wife and kids threatened because some nutjobs object to my message.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Wow I never thought that anything worse can happen than 0 interest in your game. :D But now as I read your comments I realize there is always a worse possible outcome.

Yeah if noone hears about it I can still say 'It's a good game with bad marketing.' :D

Backward compatibility and new windows i am most afraid of.

What are the regular patents people will be sued for then ?, and by who ? EA games or something ?

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

Bugs that take hours to find.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Advertisement

I guess it would be pirates and not making enough money.

//Dre Reid\\

Making mobile games that have more stats-tracking and multivariate analysis code than actual game code. :(

Bugs in the multi-threading code.

Coding! :D

On 6/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, the incredible smoker said:

Backward compatibility and new windows i am most afraid of.

What are the regular patents people will be sued for then ?, and by who ? EA games or something ?

Yes, always have a healthy fear of the Microsoft.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement