Advertisement

Online AI game

Started by September 21, 2014 12:52 AM
1 comment, last by Kurtish 9 years, 11 months ago

Hi guys,

At CodinGame, we are a team of programmers which makes games to learn and enjoy programming, and for those who are interested, to get connected to tech companies.

We're more and more working on AI multiplayer games (bot programming today) where players code in the programming langage of their choice (new languages are frequently added to the list) with a neat rendering. There're a lot of things to improve but I'd really like to know what you think about it. We plan to create new AI games more frequently and we'd really appreciate any ideas and feedback, either positive or negative, to make it better.

To have an idea of what it looks like, here is our latest game in action: http://www.codingame.com/ranking-multiplayer/winamax

And here are the other AI games: http://www.codingame.com/multiplayer

Thanks!

Frédéric

I love the idea.

I messed around with it for a while and I have a little bit of input..
I liked the idea behind the Drone Wars game and I know that the Tron concept is supposed to be a challenging AI problem, but I felt that the Poker chip game might have been a little too chaotic and I didn't like the idea of some of the agent actions being automatic. I could see how it would still be a difficult problem to solve though.

I'd really like to see challenges that involve more complexity (like the Ants AI challenge) or RTS type of things where unit allocations and individual actions need to be planned out carefully.

This is also opinion, but I think I'd like to see larger and more complex games vs better graphics. Maybe more game ideas can be explored and implemented with lower quality visuals and the more popular ones can be developed further?

On the technical end, I attempted to whip up a Constraint Satisfaction solution for the Drone Wars game but while writing it I got a time out message and then I couldn't use the compiler without copy-pasting the code and refreshing the browser. Maybe there's a way to save it without creating an account or something, but if it wasn't obvious to me how to do so and I don't have a lot of time to dig around for instructions so I quit. I think the user options could be a little more intuitive and visible for that reason.

If I really wanted to make it work I could have just used a text editor or something, but I didn't have a lot of time for it.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see how it progresses. It could potentially be addicting.

Advertisement

Hi +AlgorithmicEcology,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. RTS games seem particularly appropriate and we'll try one soon, for sure. :)

Bad luck for the timeout experience. We are doing frequent updates these days to fix issues and you've probably played at that time.

Concerning the user experience you are totally right, it's not enough intuitive at the first time. Probably something like the "Training" in single player games (http://www.codingame.com/games) but this time dedicated to the multiplayer could be appropriate?

Thanks again for your time,

Frédéric

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement