Advertisement

Digital Trading Card Game / MMORPG Project

Started by February 23, 2014 01:06 PM
95 comments, last by EminenceFlora 9 years, 5 months ago

We are pleased to reveal a sneak peek of our card battle system!

[youtube]http:

[/youtube]

The cards look fantastic, the map looks fantastic, the line art looks fantastic. Everything is tied together by a single visual theme... Why does the character art suddenly reject all that effort?

Advertisement

The cards look fantastic, the map looks fantastic, the line art looks fantastic. Everything is tied together by a single visual theme... Why does the character art suddenly reject all that effort?

Hello OandO, we appreciate your comments, I think one of our previous forum posters explained it best:

"The best example I can give about what I mean, is in the yu-gi-oh games... The art on the cards and the way the cards look, is radically different from the world around them, but the reason it works is you end up viewing the cards as quintessentially, their own world. so the cards themselves have a different look, but the world and the characters have the same style."

A lot of games tend to incorporate style differences between virtual word and battle segments (e.g. Final Fantasy, Pokemon) and we are confident that our game will be seamless in terms of design aesthetics. The cards will be viewed as their own entity but still tie in within the world of Eminence as you roam freely in a virtual world with your avatar, embarking on quests, deck collecting and challenging players to card duels. The stylistic elements of both the world and avatars will be one. We have also been working on crafting the look of the armour for each card division to reflect upon the Eminence branding in terms of colours and card aesthetics.

One key point of the avatar selection is the option to fully customise facial features, so players have the ability to choose from a variety of different eye / nose / hair palettes etc. We have carefully implemented our avatars in situ with the in-game explorable world and the card battle system, tying everything together.

Cards of the first three Divisions. Who will you pledge your allegiance to -#Aeterna, #Ixion or #Wilkurse?

eminence_cards_part_i_by_shoelesspeacock

This game is so polished and with such rewarding sound effects. I recall the final fantasy card games being addictive, and that was the ones in 8 and 9 playing only against the computer. With the social element including avatars added I can see this being incredibly addictive.

I was having nerdgasms just looking at the art! It looks phenomenal! Finally a card game that looks dark and adult and badass and everything else I wanted... and then I saw the characters...

I deflated pretty quickly lol. Depending on the gameplay, I'd still throw money at it though.

Advertisement

This game is so polished and with such rewarding sound effects. I recall the final fantasy card games being addictive, and that was the ones in 8 and 9 playing only against the computer. With the social element including avatars added I can see this being incredibly addictive.

Thank you for your feedback! It means the world to us.

I was having nerdgasms just looking at the art! It looks phenomenal! Finally a card game that looks dark and adult and badass and everything else I wanted... and then I saw the characters...

I deflated pretty quickly lol. Depending on the gameplay, I'd still throw money at it though.

Hey Panda! We appreciate your comments. Please remember that this game is still being developed and certain elements are subject to change. We feel that the fully customisable nature of the avatars will reflect upon the visual balance of the world art and the cards. We plan on releasing a character style sheet showcasing the different ways you can change the look of your avatars.

Introducing the Hollows Division. Find out the identities of these warriors over the coming weeks!
10497846_343345242483239_650202664975330
Introducing Malphas - The Uncrowned King and first card of the Hollows Division.
malphas_by_shoelesspeacock-d7q3ybc.png

Concept artwork for our next division; The Hollows.

10497254_344726815678415_274561117251778

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement