Advertisement

Beginning Fuzzy logic?

Started by December 24, 2011 03:37 PM
2 comments, last by FrankyRP 12 years, 8 months ago
I was wondering if I should implement fuzzy logic for my game in which the AI has to select weapons and different attacks and defend options...
Also I want to know how tough is it to implement fuzzy logic.. After understanding the theory can it be done within a month.. I'm running on a tight schedule here!!

I was wondering if I should implement fuzzy logic for my game in which the AI has to select weapons and different attacks and defend options...
Also I want to know how tough is it to implement fuzzy logic.. After understanding the theory can it be done within a month.. I'm running on a tight schedule here!!

You sure you want "fuzzy logic" in the classic sense or simply "variable importance of criteria". Big difference.

Ironically, the weapon selection/who to attack problem is exactly the main example in the last half of my book. *shrug*

The gist is, however, create values and weights for different ideas, tweak them as necessary when combined with other considerations, score things, add things, and then pick the best one. It's actually not that hard to get started.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Advertisement
Oh... and from another thread, this is a column I wrote for Game Developer Magazine a year ago that might give you some ideas.

Getting More Behavior out of Numbers

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Pretty straightforward. Check out the book entitled "Programming Game AI by Example". Chapter 10 on Fuzzy Logic has many code examples (C++). There are also many fuzzy logic libraries available.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement