Advertisement

Is it possible?

Started by May 25, 2001 11:39 AM
5 comments, last by flyguy 23 years, 3 months ago
Is it possible for a programmer to do art as well? I''m talking about a fairly small game, 2D tiles, but 3D characters. What do you think? "And I invented the internet!" - Al Gore
"And I invented the internet!" - Al Gore
Sure. The first program I ever made was done 100% minus the music by me. I completed it a few years back. Here's a shot

here if it doesn't show

Eventhough I work with a 3D artist and a 2D artist now, I'm going to do all the artwork for my 4 Elements contest entry. I know how Milk Shape works, and I am ok with Moray/POVRay. So its possible.

Happy Programming

Edited by - Domini on May 25, 2001 3:06:05 PM
Advertisement
Of course it''s possible.
I am an assistant lecturer in Computing ... and I think my drawings speak for themselves.
I am a Jack of all trades, master of none. But that''s fine by me.

Why do you worry about that anyway ? Just try and only listen to constructive criticism.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I''m both a pretty damn good artist and a pretty damn good coder, so it is possible. Of course I generally suck at "game art" (except textures). I can''t model with anything, and drawing sprites bores me, oh well...
I forgot about geocites and its thing about linking to pictures. When I get a chance, I''ll put it on my main web page, with all my realy cool stuff.

Domini
Rastagon 2 Engine
Yes, sure it''s possible, but for sure not for me.. I''m an awful designer... (I don''t even have Photoshop installed :p, MS Paint rulez.. har har)...

I think I''m a pretty good coder though....

cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
Advertisement
Thanks you guys. I''ll give it a try!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement