Advertisement

Ghost-writing

Started by June 12, 2005 10:30 PM
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 3 months ago
I have ideas for couple of stories. One story has an outline. Im developing environment, characters, etc. But Im not a writer. Also english is not my first language so I can't describe things very colorful :) like I would do in my native language. So it's hard for me to put things together on a paper and make it look attractive and interesting. I was thinking to find amateur writer who would help me out with writing. It doesn't necessarily have to be ghost-writing, What I want to do is a book, kind of a book. And later I would like to use that book as a foundation for a couple of games in different genres. I also would like to illustrate that books and publish it. What would you recommend? Where can I look for amateur/professional writer/ghost-writer? It would be nice if person would be from San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX or from the area around. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.
Web: http://www.kot-in-action.com
IRC: irc.freenode.org #steelstorm
Are you willing to pay for the ghostwriting? I previously ghostwrote all the text of an RPG for $1 per 250 words (standard page). But I would have to see an outline before I knew whether it was something I could write and was interested in writing, ghostwriting from only an outline and ideas is much harder than ghostwriting from an existing scriot or story, however badly written and translated.

Other than that, try english students at a local university, they probably won't have any experience ghostwriting but they should have the necessary skills.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
what is your native language? We have people from around the globe here. You might find someone who speaks your language and can write for you.
---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
2 sunandshadow: I would pay, but I would rather have person in team or share copyrights at this moment. Also I have been thinking on IP protection... I don;t really want to give away good ideas. Anyway thatnks for advise and offer.

2 yapposai: My native language is Russian. There is not so many russians here and also I doubt they know English as well as people who was born in US and UK or at least grew up speaking English.
Web: http://www.kot-in-action.com
IRC: irc.freenode.org #steelstorm
Good Point

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement