Advertisement

Another contest?

Started by September 20, 2004 01:55 AM
3 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 19 years, 11 months ago
Are this contest and this contest somehow related?
No, they are nothing to do with each other, just maybe one of them is poorly planned time wise (as there is a very limited pool of people capable of entering these contests, and most of those wont have the time to enter both).

The Gamedev.net contest uses GL ES v1.0, and is designed to create some cool demo apps for the BREW ES implementation (which is how/why its sponsored by Qualcomm).

The khronos.org contest uses GL ES v1.1, and is designed to jump start people writing ES v1.1 code (the newly released standard).

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
Advertisement
hi. i've saw the contest page with opengl es 1.1, but can u tell me some implementations of it?
The only implementation I am aware of is Vincent.

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
Hybrid Graphics is making their 1.1 implementation available for the Khronos contest.

Yes, the timing on their contest was unfortunate. However, it's worth mentioning that there is nothing in either contest's rules that would preclude you from entering the same game/demo in both contests.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement