🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Good idea? Multiplayer for children

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 7 months ago
Gr8 idea
Really good
But for what game? With the arrival of Q3 in the shelves soon, maybe it's the game to make the mod for..... Heard it will be easy coding for it.
"Du kan kalla mig idiot, det har jag inget emot.
Jag är en idiot."
-Bob Hund
(It's swedish, means:
"You can call me an idiot, I don't care.
I am an idiot.")
Advertisement
Does Nerf Arena support multiplayer?

It's based on the Quake engine but it's a bunch of people running around with nerf guns, bright colors, no blood.

-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
I'm not a game developer (database and web stuff), but have spent much of the night searching the web, thinking someone must have done this already.

We've been playing lots of multiplayer Quake lately, and my kids feel left out. Does anyone know of a similar-type multiplayer game appropriate for kids -- or does anyone here want to write one? If only I had the time and the expertise to do it myself, I could maybe write a mod for Quake to play tag, paintball, flag football, CTF, stuff like that.

We do let them play networked car racing games and they love it. So how about a game of virtual tag?

Thank you so much! I *knew* someone must have thought of it already. I didn't have a name to search for, and was just searching on the wrong keywords. I have found it online and will be buying Nerf Arena for my kids for Christmas. (Just a small correction, it uses the Unreal engine.)

Thanks again!

P.S. If anyone knows of a free downloadable Quake II mod, I'm still interested in that, too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement