Advertisement

Post your questions for the lecture on stories and computer games

Started by February 01, 2004 12:24 PM
12 comments, last by adventuredesign 20 years, 7 months ago
I suppose that would be a good idea, maybe we could start a thread on this ?
Maybe explain the various "conceptual models of fiction" like SnS just mentioned ?

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
quote: Original post by ahw
I suppose that would be a good idea, maybe we could start a thread on this ?
Maybe explain the various "conceptual models of fiction" like SnS just mentioned ?

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

Here''s a cool way we could do it. Sunandshadow could describe one model, give a few small examples, others could contribute their examples of models and we could discuss each one, then CNP the thread and have a article/guide template.

I''m in if everyone else is. One of the big questions they have in the pre press is: Do games need stories? So, I suggest I get back with all the answers I can get and see if any of the questions we have are answered already, and, if the guy can get me back stage (OMG, I can''t believe I am going to be a game story groupie) to talk to these guys, then I will ask their questions, or go for it in the auditorium if they have a Q & A session afterwards. I suspect since the headliners are going to want to jam on a Friday at 5:15, however, maybe I can stealth stalk them to the watering hole they run to.

Addy

Always without desire we must be found, If its deep mystery we would sound; But if desire always within us be, Its outer fringe is all that we shall see. - The Tao

Advertisement
Some of these things are already explained in old threads, (I know I already explained they freytag''s pryamid model once) if anybody''s bored you could have a look through the archive and post links here to anything you think should go with the article.

I also think that if we''re going to collectively write some sort of tutorial article, we need to include a list of good boods about how to write and literary theory. What would you all put on this list? (Please, not that stupid Frey book _The Key_! >.< )

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

How about, "How long or what will it take until the old ''Paper
and Pen Dungeon Master'' is computerized and is dynamically able
to create gripping scenarios for players or groups of players
that keeps them immersed and interested long enough to play out
their characters to their heart''s content?"

Or something to that effect.

-Hyatus
"da da da"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement