Advertisement

Programming Language question, help please

Started by May 17, 2000 12:01 PM
2 comments, last by Kiefa007 24 years, 4 months ago
Hi all, I''m new here no please excuse me if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what software/language was used the develop Quake II and Quake III? (or any game similar to those) Thanks a lot, Kiefa
I''m pretty sure Quake 2 and 3 were done in C++... quake1 was C (with a lot of extras) I think, but I''m damn sure it was C++ for 2 and 3

Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net

--
Visit our website...

Llamasoft.net
Games, goodies and ingenuity
Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net--Visit our website...Llamasoft.netGames, goodies and ingenuity
Advertisement
Cool. Thanks man. I''m curious though as to how they bulit the 3D environment model though. Was that done with some other 3D program?

Kiefa
Hmm, you mean the actual levels, or the engine? I know they used radiant to make the levels (*.bsp), but I think how they incorperate that stems back to the old days with the first version of the Trinity engine
However, i'm hardly the 'definitve word' on anything remotely complex in terms of programming or wotnot, so you'd be better waiting for someone to come and set me stragiht

Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net

--
Visit our website...

Llamasoft.net
Games, goodies and ingenuity

Edited by - Llamasoft.net on May 17, 2000 1:25:39 PM
Nick - Head Designer, Llamasoft.net--Visit our website...Llamasoft.netGames, goodies and ingenuity

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement