Advertisement

Am I just stoopider than my compiler, or what?

Started by April 30, 2000 02:37 PM
4 comments, last by JwayneT 24 years, 4 months ago
Right now I am using Borland builder 4. And it seems that it doesn''t like void pointers too much OR I just don''t know what I am doing! Problems first came about when I tried pointing to a structure with a void pointer. I could assign it no problem, I even displayed the value of the void pointer before assigning it and after to see if it was doing anything, which it was. But I could not access the member variables after assigning. I was just screwing around with the above stuff, this is where it became a problem. I started working on a windows skeliton, and all of the errors were "cannot convert ''void *'' to ''HINSTANCE_ *''." My question is, is it me or the compiler?
a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Why is it called a hot water heater? Isn't it cold when it goes in the tank?

[email=jtaylor@gtemail.net" class="h]-=CF=-[/email]
cannot convert ''void *'' to ''HINSTANCE_ *''."
-> you should use typecasting:
write (HINSTANCE_ *)yourvoidpointer instead of yourvoidpointer!

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
Advertisement
I''ve gotten the HINSTANCE problem fixed now. But now I''m getting crap for my WindowProc function. When I assign it to the winclass "wndclass.lpfnWndProc=WndProc", I get "undefine symbol "WndProc". Now I know it isn''t the case of the letters because I have checked that, and checked it again. I''m starting to belive it is the compiler, but I want to be certain that I am doing it write!

a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Now I get real bad juju when I #include. It no liky the typedefs!!

I meant the winnt.h header when I posted.

Why don''t you post the declaration of your WndProc function (at least the header portion) so that we can see and and help figure out what''s going on.

As for that bad "juju"... what exactly do you mean by that? I''m sure people would be happy to help you if you just explain what''s going on

Check out the GPI project today!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement